(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=f!=void 0?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(f==void 0)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=e>0?new b(e):new b;window.jstiming={Timer:b,load:p};if(a){var c=a.navigationStart;c>0&&e>=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; c>0&&e>=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&c>0&&(d.tick("_tbnd",void 0,window.chrome.csi().startE),d.tick("tbnd_","_tbnd",c))),a==null&&window.gtbExternal&&(a=window.gtbExternal.pageT()),a==null&&window.external&&(a=window.external.pageT,d&&c>0&&(d.tick("_tbnd",void 0,window.external.startE),d.tick("tbnd_","_tbnd",c))),a&&(window.jstiming.pt=a)}catch(g){}})();window.tickAboveFold=function(b){var a=0;if(b.offsetParent){do a+=b.offsetTop;while(b=b.offsetParent)}b=a;b<=750&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

« Home | Grammies 2006 » | First Jol in Aspen » | Day? I dunno I forgot... » | HELLLOOOO » | American Music Awards » | jvonblog launches »

Temping

On Monday I had a day off. My friend Matthew still hasn't got a job, so we decided to head on down to the Aspen Temporary work Agency at 09h30. He filled out the form, and I thought well I have days off so let me just join too. The women told us that we could work at 12pm, so obviously we obliged. What was the job? Working on the slopes, in preparation for the World Cup happening this weekend.. I went home and got kitted out in the warmest clothing I have, cause that's what she told us to do. I then met Matthew back at the agency at 12, and the woman told us there was a slight change in plan.. we were heading over to a mansion under construction {ALARM BELLS} We got there and this dumb idiot American dude ordered us around like we were criminals. Not cool. What did we do? There was this conveyor belt bringing dirt up from the ground floor, which would stop and wait to be emptied into a wheel barrow. Well that pain I've had in back for the last coupla months, is now completely sore. But ya, whatever. I hated the work, and I'm not afraid to admit that I'm just not strong enough... hey I clearly didn't miss my calling to be a construction worker. $40 wouldn't make me go back.

And yesterday was another day at Short Sport... stiff arms and all. Fun and games, we had pizza again from New Yoork Pizza.. $3.50 a pop, but the pieces are huge! And we can't keep our eyes open later than 9, so bed it was. But hey it gets dark at 4pm! oh ya we watched the premier of Daisy Does America- the brain child of Courtney Cox (Friends) and hubbie David Arquette... real funny, it's like Ruby Wax only more suttle. Anyway that's my news for now. Hope you're all well in Sunny SA. Oh one more thing... Some of you may be going to see Robbie, while I may get to see Seal live on the 28th... who knows maybe he'll bring Ms Klum along, so watch out for photos!

hey you
very impressed that you have joined the blogosphere :))) I hear you about the construction work - so not your thing my darling!! I miss you. Sounds like everyday is a new adventure :) enjoy. sent you an e-mail yesterday but you right - blogging is a much better way to communicate :))
carls

Post a Comment

About me

  • From Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
  • I am 23 years old and I live in Johannesburg. I work in entertainment media, as a multimedia producer. Music, entertainment and travelling are my three passions. Combining those three= a happy Jason. I would love to work on MTV on air or as a producer or director and I still crave a career in radio. I best be making it happen
My profile

jVB Flickr

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from jvonblog. Make your own badge here.


sarocks_badge.jpg