The
MTV Video Music Awards are approaching, and this award ceremony is said to be one of the most exciting and entertaining on the music industry calendar. After all the winners do walk away with the awesomely coverted Moon Man. The awards will take place a month from today in New York City's Radio City Hall. Topping the list of nominations include
turkey-gobbler Shakira as well as veteran rockers the
Red Hot Chilli Peppers with seven nods each, followed by
Madonna, Panic! At the Disco and last week's
Music Must Christina Aguilera.
Music Musts going British. Mr Justin Timberlake,
Beyonce, Panic, T.I. and Ludacris are all set to perform at the awards, and voting starts now. I'd like to see Nelly Furtado walk away with an award because I'm the biggest fan, love her new style and sound and think she's fab. I know Paula will agree, but who do y'all think will win? Take a look at the
nominees and holla back at me please...
Now for this week's Music Must, and this is a definate MUST! This woman has been compared to the likes of Jill Scott to name just one, and well I don't think predictions are too far off. The British singer has climbed her way to the top of the charts with her debut self-titled album. Well if you don't know who I'm talking about, it's none other than the lovely
Corinne Bailey Rae. Corinne was born in Leeds, England and is one of three daughters. She says
"I started off singing in church, I suppose, but people think it must have been a gospel church because of the whole, you know, black assumption," she says in reference to her mixed-race background. Her father is West-Indian, while her mother is a local Yorkshire lass. You'll never guess who who one of her biggest influences is, but that comes tomorrow.
It is strange how all these UK hits are reaching SA now, its about time we moved away from American commercial pop!!!! The likes of The Kooks, Arctic Monkeys, Lily Allen etc are all being played on SA Radio stations, and I am loving all of them...corinne Bailey Rae included.
Posted by
Ange |
Tuesday, August 01, 2006 10:52:00 AM
Post a Comment